Wednesday 3 April 2013

Review: Bobbi Brown SPF 15 Tinted Moisturizer

For a flawless look, I like to keep it sheer and natural - that's why I decided to try one of Bobbi Brown's TM.

Bobbi Brown SPF 15 Tinted Moisturizer - Extra Light Tint

What Bobbi Brown says: A great foundation alternative that's perfect for summer or when you want a more casual look. This 3-in-1 moisturizer hydrates and protects skin while offering sheer, natural-looking coverage that blends smoothly. Thanks to emollients and skin-conditioning Jojoba Oil, this lightweight formula glides on easily and leaves skin feeling soft and supple. Ideal for normal and dry skin types.

What I say: I have already tried some of Bobbi Brown's products so I was really excited when this arrived - only to be disappointed. I really wanted to like this so much, but it just wasn't doing it for me. First of, I do love the packaging! It's simple, it's sleek - it's perfect. When I put some of my hand, it looks nice and creamy and not too orange which was a huge relief. However as soon as I put it on my face, it seemed very greasy. There is an oil free version available but as I do have combination dry skin I thought I'd go for something that was going to give me extra moisture. The coverage isn't bad, I personally felt that it was noticeable - like a very sheer foundation which is great if that's what you like and have very dry skin. The smell however really got to me... I usually love the smell of Bobbi Brown's products but this was something really unusual. It has this distinct clay like smell, with a hint of floral - I did read on the reviews however that some people liked the smell and that some didn't, so I guess it's just a love - hate kind of thing. I think this TM would be perfect for winter, yet winter is now over and we're heading for summer so something this greasy is not going to do my skin any favours!

It comes in 7 shades which is alright I suppose yet I find that the Extra Light Tint needed to be blended quite well into my light skin, even though I'm not that fair. The best thing contact Bobbi Brown here and ask for a sample in your choice of shades. Bobbi Brown is great for samples - they do have a limit of 2 samples per person.


This is the container that the Bobbi Brown samples come in.

Bobbi Brow's SPF 15 Tinted Moisturizer is £28 but I was lucky to get it 10% off on John Lewis. You can purchase it here.

I would really like to try the Laura Mercier TM. Have any of you tried it?
Do you think the product is worth the money?

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world! Your blog is so lovely so far and I can't wait to see what you post about it the future.
    I love base products like this with an SPF in it.
    I hope you're well and hope to speak soon,
    Laura xx
    http://www.lisforladybird.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't know how grateful I am for you comment! Thank-you so much, I'm really glad you like it. I have only just started and I'm loving it so much, I really cherish that you took the time to comment on my post!
      I'm not sure about SPF? I've never actually paid attention if a product has or hasn't got SPF in, but I suppose it's a good bonus.
      I'd love to hear from you again :) xx

      Delete