Thursday 4 April 2013

Review: Mac Prep + Prime Skin Refined Zone

I never have and still don't really use primers, I just don't feel that they do that much for my skin. The Mac Prep + Prime Skin Refined Zone hasn't been able to change my mind on that either.



What Mac says: A light, oil-free emulsion that helps cloak visible pores while controlling oil and shine. Applies wet for a gentle micro-exfoliation: dries instantly to create an invisible, long-lasting natural matte finish. Ideal for the T-zone.

What I say: As it's a 'oil controlling' primer it's supposed to mattify the skin, but for combination / dry skin it doesn't really give me any benefits. I do have an oily t-zone but this really dries my skin out and makes it incredibly difficult to apply my makeup after without ending up with dry patches - and that's not a nice look. I personally feel like I wasted £15.50 even though there are a lot more expensive primers out there, but probably do a better job.

I really want to try the Laura Mercier Primer - Hydrating, has anyone with combination skin tried this? I feel like I have to give my skin extra moisture otherwise my skin goes flaky and dry.
Have you had a good experience with the Mac Prep + Prime Skin Refined Zone?

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I have never tried them, as it just seems like an extra layer......but I should up my beauty routine really!! xx p.s. would you like to follow each other? x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to try the Laura Mercier primer too, I have the Smashbox Light primer and its really good

    Please check out and follow my blog! I'd really appreciate it! <3
    http://seasidebeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete